Linda,

I am well aware of the purpose of citing a source.  If you will look
at the source information on Ancestry to which I referred, you will
see that it shows that the database is online and provided by The
Generations Network.  I only remove the beginning reference to
Ancestry.com.  The citation for the SSDI looks like this:

Ancestry.com. Social Security Death Index [database on-line]. Provo,
UT, USA: The Generations Network, Inc., 2007. Original data: Social
Security Administration. Social Security Death Index, Master File.
Social Security Administration.

I remove Ancestry.com at the beginning and place "Social Security
Death Index" in the title area.  Then the rest of the information goes
into the publishing area.  The results look like this:

Social Security Death Index [database on-line]. Provo, UT, USA: The
Generations Network, Inc., 2006. Original data: Social Security
Administration. Social Security Death Index, Master File. Social
Security Administration.

I have the title italicized, but that doesn't show up here, since this
is in plain text.  This still shows that the information was obtained
online from The Generations Network and shows the source of the
original data.

Debbie