Well, I have used Clooz - I really like it, and the new version can link to
a Legacy database to reduce re-entry of data.....  but I didn't link mine.
I haven't put in a lot of stuff into Clooz yet, but I think it can be
helpful to try to figure stuff out....

The other thing you might do, is setup a "research" Legacy database to help
you sort it out, entereing in the info.... merging people when you realize
they are the same.... and when you are sure of your links and stuff then you
can just drag-and drop or otherwise move it to your main Legacy
database....   or you can just put it straight into Legacy.