thank you Nancy, i thought i was missing a way to create an place record but i
see your approach will work to same result.

-----Original Message-----
From: Nancy Bender <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: LegacyUserGroup@legacyfamilytree.com
Sent: Mon, 13 Aug 2007 8:53 am
Subject: RE: [LegacyUG] Cemetary and Headstone data in Legacy

If I have a picture of a headstone, I put it in burial pictures. I put the
cemetery name and address in Burial Address and if I know the details, like lot
number, etc., I put that in burial notes. I use the location field for the
city, county, state, etc.

For churches, I do the same type of thing. If I know the church where a couple
was married, I add that as the marriage address. Of for a Baptism, etc, I add
it there.

?

That way, if I want to find all the names from a particular church, cemetery,
etc, I can create a list from the event address.

?

Nancy