Not only for Legacy, per se, but I find that having my minor children use a program and then show me how to use it gives me lots of insight. My cub scout pointed out the date calculator while earning a genealogy belt loop. My teenage daughters explained the master lists concept to me after they input a lot of records. One of my children played with the options and showed me that I can set the men to one color and the women to another. The color setting helps me double-check that children were input with the proper gender. That said, somebody found the alarm function and set it, which gave me a technical problem at one point. (I don't recall what the problem was, but do know that it was resolved on this list! <G>)

Dawn

Renee Zamora wrote:

I was surprised when I read that people didn't know about typing the surname, given name in the index to go quickly to that name. It gave me the idea to send everyone in the group my favorite legacy tip. In the family view If you have the husband or wife highlighted and then click in the middle between them on the background it will rotate through the highlighted person's siblings. If you click on the background to left of the husband or right of the wife, depending on who is highlighted it will rotate through their other spouses. If you click on the background next to the highlighted person's parents it will rotate through any additional parents they might have. I can't think of any more right now but I know I do a lot of right clicking on the screens to see what they will do. If you have a favorite tip why don't you share it with the rest of the group. Renee Zamora
www.harrisena.com <http://www.harrisena.com>

Have you unlocked the real power of Legacy? Legacy 6.0 Deluxe has 92 features not found in the Standard Edition. Learn more about these features at http://www.LegacyFamilyTree.com/Etiquette.asp <http://legacyfamilytree.com/DeluxeEdition.asp%3Ehttp://legacyfamilytree.com/DeluxeEdition.asp%3C/a%3E.%3C/p%3E%0A%0A%0A%0A%3Cp%3ELegacy%20User%20Group%20guidelines%20can%20be%20found%20at:%20%3Ca%20href=>

To find past messages, please go to our searchable archives at: http://www.mail-archive.com/legacyusergroup@legacyfamilytree.com/

For online technical support, please visit http://www.LegacyFamilyTree.com/Help.asp

Spam detection software, running on the system "seeker.rootsquest.com", has
[EMAIL PROTECTED] for details.

Content preview:  I was surprised when I read that people didn't know about
 typing the surname, given name in the index to go quickly to that name. It
  gave me the idea to send everyone in the group my favorite legacy tip. [...]

pts rule name              description
2.6 FH_HOST_EQ_D_D_D_D     Host starts with d-d-d-d
2.5 MIME_QP_LONG_LINE      RAW: Quoted-printable line longer than 76 chars
0.1 RDNS_DYNAMIC           Delivered to trusted network by host with
                           dynamic-looking rDNS
-0.8 AWL                    AWL: From: address is in the auto white-list