How do i set the indicator to "NO" as you mentioned. I also have a lot of people in my file without dates. I tryed to do it using "tools" but it would not let me do it when there are no dates in the birth or death fields.

from marilyn

From: "Renee Zamora" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: <LegacyUserGroup@legacyfamilytree.com>
Subject: Re: [LegacyUG] Favorite Legacy Tip
Date: Sun, 19 Aug 2007 19:51:37 -0600

I also like to set the Living Indicator default to NO. This will set everyone I enter in my database as deceased automatically. Since I deal with more dead people than alive it is easier for me to remember to change the living status to "Living" than to remember to change it to deceased. I just hate it when you have someone living in the 1500s without dates and they show up as living when you upload them to Rootsweb. Changing this option has been a life saver for me.

It's on the Options > Customise - Data Defaults

Renee Zamora
www.harrisena.com

Have you unlocked the real power of Legacy? Legacy 6.0 Deluxe has 92 features not found in the Standard Edition. Learn more about these features at http://legacyfamilytree.com/DeluxeEdition.asp.

Legacy User Group guidelines can be found at: http://www.LegacyFamilyTree.com/Etiquette.asp