no, to me they are all different.

cal - means I was given an age and a time....  so he was 34 in 1834, so his
birth is: cal 1800

abt - means that someone gave me an about time, like in an interview.... so
I ask someone when their parent was born and they say oh, it was about 1910,
then I put abt 1910.   I also use abt when I'm given a database with abt
used in it.    (ok, I don't differentiate between ca and abt)

est - means that I guessed the date based on the dates of other events, or
dates of the events of relatives.  (The whole, children are born about 2
years apart, women are about 21 when they marry, men are about 25.)  So
basically, I don't have any basis for the date except my guess based on the
norms of society (which vary...)

each of these are entirely different to me.   I admit that many people
wouldn't understand the nuances, but to me, they are huge.