Tracy Skegg wrote:
Excuse me Mike, but the original thread to this subject line was about
family names not coat of arms.  Please don't complain when I ask a
question on the original thread.

Tracy,
You may be on topic with the original subject, but your message was in reference i.e. linked to a message that had digressed from Graeme's original message. If you view your messages correctly threaded, you will see this.

Perhaps this might help to convince you.

Here's a header from your message that I complained about

Notice: it's *my* message id.

Here's the message id. from Karl's message. The one you intended to refer to.

There are too many people in this mailing list that just churn out messages without regard to what they're in reference to. Most of this comes, I'm sure, from misunderstanding web-based mail and using poorly designed email tools. People read the messages in the thread and then want to reply. This reply usually gets linked to the last message in the thread that they were reading and not the message they were trying to reply to. An unintended consequence, I'm sure. I just hope they keep their family history records with better care and attention.

--
Regards,
Mike Fry