I sent a GEDCOM of my partially-clean Legacy file to FTM but the
resultant condition of the notes was even worse...things didn't line
up. Even if the notes hadn't ended up worse, so far I haven't been
given the right solution for getting the Legacy notes in the same
condition as they notes were in FTM. I do, however, really appreciate
all the responses so far. Perhaps someone who works for Legacy can
come up with the right solution. Otherwise, I have a helluva lotta
notes to edit ;-)

Tom