As well as an everyone chart, a chart with all blood relatives would be good. Rather than only showing the descendants, it can show different lines that are beyond value at family reunions. Fortunately I have access to a colour roll printer at work.

In Generations I printed one out for a family reunion, starting at my wife (it was here family).

If I had only done ancestor chart, only her direct line would be shown. I could have done descendant charts to get everyone, but then I would have to get charts for all her descendants - a huge duplication of effor. An all blood relations chart was fantastic.

Not many programmes have this, and the ones that do can be clunky.

Foxy - putting my bid in for an all blood relations chart.

----Original Message Follows----

I don't think most people would ever want to print a chart with everyone in
their database..  I for one have over 30,000 people in my database and a
chart for everyone would probably be a block long - how do you print that
and what would you do with it if you had it?

Most people will probably only print a few generations of ancestors and/or
descendants, say 5 to 10 and place them in a frame to hang on the wall.  If
I would try to print say 15 generations of all ancestors, my chart would
probably exceed 100 pages.   Most fan type charts for practical purposes are
normally limited by the user to about 5-7 generations, otherwise, you cannot
read the print or it gets too large to print economically.

You might want to print a direct line ancestry chart which if you could get
5 generations per page, then a 25 generation ancestry chart would only be 5
pages - that would be ok.  I have printed out over 100 generations like that
and it is basically 2 people per generation.

In Legacy 6, you can create a compact form of ancestors charts (Ancestor
Chart) that is very useful for determining what lines of ancestors that you
need to do more research on.  You can start with the youngest person in your
database for your family and create say 15 generations -- preview it first
before you sent it to a printer - you may not want to print that many pages.
 I would suggest you try that 1st and see if that meets your needs.