Thankyou heaps to everyone for the wonderful help with migrating to a mac/pc
Truly appreciated.

Gwen

----- Original Message ----- From: "Robert Carneal USA" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: <LegacyUserGroup@legacyfamilytree.com>
Sent: Saturday, September 01, 2007 2:46 AM
Subject: Re: [LegacyUG] Legacy on Mac

Well, some of us have tried. I have not. They reported various degrees of success, but the common denominator seemed to be it runs slower on Mac than Windows. For some, that is acceptable. For people like me, that is bone breaking frustrating unacceptable. <g>

Ask yourself this: As Legacy grows, it will use more Windows commands and drivers. I tell people the reason I won't try it is because Legacy compatible programs such as Passage Express, GenViewer, GenMatcher, AniMap, probably will not be optimized for for both operating systems. Thus, if I had a Mac, I -probably- could run Legacy, but what about all of the other programs Legacy works so well with? I am not sure.

Robert

Denise Levenick wrote:

Has anyone used Legacy on a Mac using the Windows OS? I know that the newer Macs will run both Mac and Windows systems but wonder if there are any glitches.

Denise