Please help, I am not interested in starting a debate on whether we should
include homosexual "marriages" or not, or the moral discussion as to the
acceptance of the homosexual lifestyle, but am interested in finding out how
others have entered similar data.

I have a close cousin, who is gay and has entered into a "marriage" or "life
partnership" or any other terminology that you wish to use and would be hurt
to see that I haven't included this into the family genealogy. This will be
the end of this line as there is no plan for children, and "accidents"
seldom happen in gay relationships. I just wish to enter the two as being
together.

Can anyone tell me if there is a proper way to enter this information? Do we
just trick the software into thinking that it is a M-F relationship and then
in the general notes state that is it a homosexual relationship? This aspect
of life has become an identifying trait in those within this community and
will give more information about the person rather than Birth and Death
dates.

Thanks!

Jay Van Zeeland

Checked by AVG Free Edition.