I use an Obituary event and a Marriage Notice event. For the Obituary event, I transcribe the obituary as well as put a scanned image of the obituary clipping in the event. I use the Marriage Notice event for both Wedding Announcements and Marriage Announcements. I also transcribe those into the notes and attach an image of the clipping.

For obituaries that list the pallbearers and Ministers/Preachers, I created a Pallbearer at Funeral event and an Officiated at Funeral event. I have found many relatives through these pallbearer events because pallbearers here in Arkansas especially in the 1800s to early 1900s were usually grandsons or nephews!

I also have Maid of Honor and Best Man events for the weddings as well as Guest Book Attendant, Hosted Event, and Officiated at Wedding Event. Several of the people who fill these rolls at the wedding are also usually relatives.

I like to have the text of the announcement and the scanned image in each event so that when I read through the family history that I print or put on my website, I can clearly see where I am getting that information without having to go back to my source information. It just seems to make the source much clearer for me although I do duplicate the information in my sources.

I love the copy/paste events because it lets me set up these events with the text in the notes and the image and then just change the event name and then copy it to all the people mentioned in the source - What a timesaver!

Kellie
http://www.ksthompson.com