Hi listers,
I've been following the adoption thread and find the way to list
parents interesting.  My cousin was adopted by friends, so I list him
in with his biological family, and with adoptive parents.

I have a friend who used donor sperm for her twins, there was another
participant/parent but it will never be known.  I'm sure there are
many other examples of where one or two of the biological parent/s are
just not going to be listed.  Then there's surrogate pregnancies, I
don't have any surrogate pregnancies in my file, but I wouldn't be
surprised if it happened. Tricky stuff for those who list DNA. In
Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander cultures a child is often passed
over to a sibling or cousin, sometimes grandparent to raise.  That
child then has more than one set of parents, but one set of biological
parents.  I don't have the answers for these issues, but it will be
interesting to see what Legacy 7 and other software will come up with
to keep up with society's trends.
Cheers
Tracy