I thought you might pick on those which comes from a lack of knowledge of the
granting of peerages in the UK. Inheritable titles are granted with letters
patent which specify to whom a title shall pass on the event of the death of
the title holder, this is not necessarily the eldest son.

The articles relating to peerages in adoption law serve only to confirm the
historic letters patent ie. to ensure that they were not overridden by
amendment to the Acts.

For Genealogy, Software and Social visit:
http://www.fergys.co.uk
*Over 650 Surnames from 11 Countries*
View the Grimshaw Family Tree at:
http://www.fergys.co.uk/Grimshaw/
For The Fergusons of N.W. England See:

> To: LegacyUserGroup@legacyfamilytree.com
> Subject: Re: [LegacyUG] Adopted Daughter unmarried mother
> Date: Thu, 20 Sep 2007 11:20:20 -0400
> From: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
>
> You'll note that I never used the term "English Law"... however-
>
> There are three specific instances under British law that required
> different treatment of adoptees from biological children.
> 1) No adoptee can ever inherit the crown
> 2) No adoptee can ever inherit a Title or Peerage
> 3) No adoptee can ever inherit the rank of Baronet
>
> Granted these are somewhat archaic but it is the law- thus making the
> posters statement that by law adoptees are always treated the same as
> biological childern an untrue statement.

100’s of Music vouchers to be won with MSN Music
https://www.musicmashup.co.uk