There are new people here all the time and topics of interest are bound to
be repeated. To those of you who are offended, in a very narrow way, about
certain things, why not just respond privately in a helpful way? Are you
threatening to support the Legacy Support team in unsubscribing people who
raise questions or make comments that make you uncomfortable? I must admit
I've learned a lot about how Australian people think since subscribing to
this mailing list.

On 9/23/07, Cathy <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> Hi all,
> PLEASE don't let us repeat the discussion of the morality or
> otherwise of same-sex partnerships that was so acrimonious in early
> September.  DON'T take advantage of the fact that the Legacy Support
> team are away and can't unsubscribe people.
>
> Ken amongst the discussions you'll find in the archives under
> "homosexual entries" is this response from Sherry at Legacy Support.
>
> Sherry/Support
> Wed, 05 Sep 2007 20:45:05 -0700
> At this time, the way the database is structured, linking same-sex
> individuals isn't possible without extensive reprogramming time.  Please
> go
> to http://www.moss-fritch.com/legacy.htm for a work around.  This info was
> compiled by one of our users.
>
> Thanks for using Legacy.
>
> Sherry
> Customer Support
> Millennia Corporation
>
> Cathy
>
> At 07:31 AM 24/09/2007, you wrote:
>
> >Legacy has obviously been designed for opposite-sex partnerships. If
> >one enter a "husband", the sex of the "wife" is automatically shown
> >as "female". I know that one can change "husband" and "wife" to
> >other terms, but I can't figure out how to change the sex of my
> >partner from "female" to "male". This becomes a problem when
> >printing out documents, where Robert is shown as "the daughter
> >of...". Any suggestions, or am I stuck with this discimination? Thanks.
> Ken
>

> Legacy User Group guidelines:
>   http://www.LegacyFamilyTree.com/Etiquette.asp
> Archived messages: