From: Pat Hickin <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: LegacyUserGroup@legacyfamilytree.com
Sent: Monday, September 24, 2007 9:03:53 AM
Subject: Re: [LegacyUG] An argument for splitting? (knowing I may get "lumps"
for this)

Well, actually, I usually just use the "Detail" for page number, or I
probably put in the url for this specific post but if the poster has cited a
specific source I would definitely put it in the detail because I'd want to
be able to see readily that he was doing that.  Or if I had 2 emails from
the same person on the same date I'd put the time of the email in the
detail.

For example with a census, I'd have a separate master source for every year,
state, and county -- and repository (online or physical) -- and even
township (if I had a WHOLE BUNCH for the same county)--and then I'd put the
page number in the detail.

No, for comments I'd put that in the detail text or comment area, but if I
say "citing (another specific source)" I'd want that to appear as part of
the citation.

You may want to check out www.genforum.com.  It's a great way to find others
working on the same families, pose queries, etc.  I've connected with a
number of cousins via Genforum, and the format is great and easily
accessible.  One warning.  There are separate forums for, e.g., Schneider,
Snider, and Snyder -- whch can be a bit of a nuisance.

--

Pat

Sims Stories at Yahoo! Games.
http://sims.yahoo.com/