John Blair wrote
Quick question for a problem I can't seem to fix......it's happened twice now, in typing a surname, the first instance I can't get the 2nd letter to uncapitalize REctor and a 2nd time mACY 1st letter small, 3 last letters capitalized ???? Any way to fix??

My guess is that you are accidentally typing the name with wrong capitalisation but you have Legacy set *not* to change what you type.

Go to Options, Customise and select the Data Format tab. Near the top on the left, check which radio button is selected for "Letter Case of Surnames" and change if necessary.
--
Jenny M Benson