Or, it sounds like you can purchase the GENViewer that the Legacy folks are talking about and use that to scan your Legacy file without creating a GEDCOM. I haven't tried this program myself (yet), but sounds like the GENViewer program would do it. GEDCOM would be cheaper, but GENViewer sounds easier - and this could be a good "excuse" for you to buy that utility.

Bob

----- Original Message ----- From: "Susan Daily" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: <LegacyUserGroup@legacyfamilytree.com>
Sent: Friday, October 12, 2007 7:00 PM
Subject: Re: [LegacyUG] need help with searching notes

Hi Linda,
You can search Notes, but you have to do them one at a time. You don't
have to select a particular individual.

Click Search, Find, Query By Example, Look for [Individual], Where to
Look [Notes-Genreal], [Contains], [Witch].

Or you can export to a GEDCOM (include all your notes!) and search the
GEDCOM for the word Witch.

Susan