Hi Sandy,

I think Gene is correct in that you must use the full Adobe Acrobat software to
assign bookmarks. You might consider eBay and search for an older Acrobat
software package. Even though I have more current versions, I still use Acrobat
v5 on my primary computer and it handles my simple requirements just fine,
including the ability to set bookmarks in a PDF file. Older versions that might
be available are v5, 6, 7 and current v8.

Mary

  Sandy [EMAIL PROTECTED]  wrote:

  Hi,
  I'm a new Legacy user, transferring from PAF last August
  I've learned so much from reading exchanges from this group, and
  now I have a question.
  I have used the publishing center to create a book and have saved it as a PDF
file
  But I have not found a way to place bookmarks in that PDF file.
  I have a CD from a relative that was created on Family Tree Maker and when I
put the CD in the drive in the left window I get a list of all the pages
numbers and I can scroll up and down. When I click on a certain page, the page
appears in the window on the right.  It makes it easy to read just the sections
that I am most interested in
  I have Legacy 6.0.0.133 - Deluxe
  Do PDF files created in Legacy have this feature and I just haven't found it?
  IF NOT, then is there another way to get this bookmark feature on my PDF.
  Thanks in advance
  Sandy Ellison
  OKC