Bob Withers wrote:
The source clipboard is awesome and I think you'll find the "Prompt for detail" option does exactly what you want. Give it a try.

Yes, I'm sure that the SOURCE clipboard does that, but what I've been talking about is the EVENT clipboard.

In the particular case that we've been discussing, I would want the entire Census Event from the first individual to be copied and pasted into all of the other individuals, with the source detail pre-filled from the clipboard but editable so that the line number can be changed before the source is recorded. If I would have to either (1) go back into each source detail to change the line numbers after the fact, or (2) have the source detail come up BLANK so that I would need to retype it all or use the Windows copy/paste function anyway, then it would probably be far more trouble than it is worth.

As far as giving it a try goes... After hearing months ago that Version 7 would be coming soon and that there would be major changes to sourcing, I decided to put all major data entry on hold until after there is a somewhat stable release of Version 7 to play with. No point learning now what will soon change! ;-)

Bob