Database formats change over time. You may only need to convert to the new format.

At 11:07 AM 11/7/2007, you wrote:

Hi everyone. I'm new to this group and have Legacy 5.0. Last night I was trying to pull my info off one computer to put on one of my laptops and it said I needed to upgrade to 6.0 to open this. I was wondering if that's the only way to open the info or not? Also, I copied (and pasted) from my desktop to a 2G flash stick. When I tried the flash stick in the laptop is when I got that message. I don't know if that makes a difference or not, but thought I'd toss that out there also. As you can probably tell... I'm very disfunctional when it comes computers. Also, if I keep my data on the memory stick can I just work on genealogy from any of my computers as far as saving the info each time?

Thank you  so much.
Nancy

PS- Phones are now open if I need to order 6.0. and I figured I'd get the CD/download unless there's a reason not to.

Legacy User Group guidelines:

<http://www.LegacyFamilyTree.com/Etiquette.asp>http://www.LegacyFamilyTree.com/Etiquette.asp
Archived messages:

<http://www.mail-archive.com/legacyusergroup@legacyfamilytree.com/>http://www.mail-archive.com/legacyusergroup@legacyfamilytree.com/