Hi Richard,

To clarify - I think you mean you've created your own timelines that can be added to relevant chronologies?

Sounds like a good solution.

Cathy

At 09:16 AM 16/11/2007, you wrote:

Yes. In one instance, in Kentucky, in 1817, my
ancestor died in New Liberty, Gallatin County. In 1819
Owen County was created from four counties, but  New
Liberty was split in half, his portion stayed in
Gallatin. In 1820 Census, his widow was found in
Gallatin paying taxes. In 1821, Gallatin gave portions
(including rest of New Liberty area) to Owen County.
In 1821, she has left Tax lists of Gallatin and joined
Owen County. It was very confusing until I found that
the portion of New Liberty they had lived in was
renamed in the 1850s? as Wheatley. Before that, in
1830, the family moved in 3 groups over 4 years to
Indiana. They never learned (?) the place they lived,
was no longer called New Liberty. Everyone in the
family, to this day, is still calling the homestead as
in New Liberty. Imagine my confusion and frustration
when we went to visit it, 1500 miles, and were
searching twenty miles away from where the place
actually was.
I have created matching Chronology entries stating
this, so they can be added into any report on this
family which might be a person needing the tax list,
probate stuff, but if person doesn't need this, I can
easily not print paragraphs of info. (No deleting,
just unticking.) I was going to PDF it, but am having
problems unrelated with my printer at the moment.
I had planned on PDF to insert to this, but will fix
later.
Hope this helps. I have created a grouping of each
state my family is in, to pick and choose which needs
to be there each time. The land mentioned above, was
included in about a dozen counties in Virginia, then 8
counties in Kentucky. I have not yet found all records
in the various counties, so am not sure what my count
will be.
Rich in LA CA