Hello,
I am about to purchase the Legacy Deluxe. I'm currently using Family Tree
Maker 2005. I have the step-by-step instructions printed out, to transfer my
FTM file to a GEDCOM and then import. But, I'm wondering if there might be
some "hints" that I would want to do within the FTM, BEFORE I export the
file, to prevent a lot of hours of "cleaning up" after the import into
Legacy. For example, I have watched the training video on Legacy, and I see
there is an emphasis placed on the format of the location, using commas for
placeholders (city, county, state, USA--for example). In my year's worth of
entering a massive amount of data in FTM, I was never careful with that--if
a source gave the city, county, state, and said USA, that's what I used. If
not, I didn't. Is it going to be screwed up when I import? Other things come
to mind, in terms of how they will be imported....such as my Notes and
Scrapbook entries in FTM. Any help?
Barbara Ford

Checked by AVG Free Edition.
10:58 PM