-----Original Message-----
From: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
[mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On Behalf Of Michele
Lewis
Sent: Wednesday, November 21, 2007 10:18 AM
To: Legacy E-Mail List
Subject: [LegacyUG] I am very frustrated

I printed out a test run of a descendancy report of one of my ancestors
(just a couple of generations worth) and the output is not good.  I
would have to import this report into Word and clean it up.  All of the
wording is wrong, formating is wrong etc (based on the standards in
place by the Board for Certification of Genealogists and the wonderful
book Professional Genealogy by Elizabeth Shown Mills, as well as her
citation books).  I am not saying that the report should be coming out
perfect and I am glad that you can change the wording on the event
fields (sentence override) but I am going to have to go in and pretty
much change the wording on all of the event fields (and I am thinking
that I am going to have to do this on each individual and that any
changes I make will not carry over person to person).

I know that the new version of Legacy will have a source wizard of sorts
that will format the sources to comform to the standards outlined by
Elizabeth Shown Mills but I wonder if there should be a data wizard that
will make sure that all of the data is in a standarized format.

Having a feature in the program where you can input your data into a
book format is not helpful if there are so many errors in how it comes
out.  There is no way someone could just hit the button and POOF!  a
formatted book comes out.  You would have to import the entire book into
Word and clean it up which would take countless hours (might be easier
to just type it in from scratch using a printout from Legacy as your
notes).

I do want to say that I really do like Legacy.  It has a lot of great
features that the other programs don't have but this is a shortcoming
and I am hoping this is an area where there will be some improvement.

Michele Lewis
Staff Genealogist, McDuffie Mirror
Give Legacy as a Gift for 25% Off. Buy Now <http://tinyurl.com/2b49et>

Give Legacy as a Gift for 25% Off. Visit http://tinyurl.com/2b49et