Oops sorry.
Wrong mailing list!
Judy
----- Original Message ----- From: "Judy Wardlaw" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: "Legacy User Group" <LegacyUserGroup@LegacyFamilyTree.com>
Sent: Saturday, November 24, 2007 5:26 PM
Subject: [LegacyUG] Re: [legacymelbourne] November meeting

Yes please Susan, you run it. You are far more familiar with the best setup. What I had changed recently when we collected a few Spam messages was that anyone new who subscribed, had to have their messages (when or if sent) checked ie moderated (approved) before the message could be put up on the list. This could continue until we decided that they should be un-moderated. All the spam that we have had so far has come from people who have subscribed and then posted their messages. As far as I know, spam (or anything else) cannot be listed unless the person has subscribed to the mailing list. - a Yahoo rule? That meant messages were checked, not subscribers. If they were spam then the subscriber was banned before the message is put up on the list. We may be aware of most people who subscribe but not always and I am not sure how you would check them. But I bow to your superior experience.
I guess you will have to go in and re-edit the procedure.
Thanks again for doing this.
Judy

Give Legacy as a Gift for 25% Off. Visit http://tinyurl.com/2b49et