Mike, I am going to reply diretly to you so I can send some attachments of screen shots because there is NO WAY for me to follow your directions as you have written them.

Pat.

----- Original Message ----- From: "Mike Fry" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: <LegacyUserGroup@legacyfamilytree.com>
Sent: Thursday, November 22, 2007 10:37 AM
Subject: Re: [LegacyUG] Updating The Program [was Tagging a family]

Pat Hickin wrote:

If I understand you correctly, after telling it I want to download the update and then it takes me to the screen that says click to download Legacy Deluxe 6.0, it is -- instead of doing what it says it's going to do -- it is actually going to download what is needed for me to have v6.0.0.168?

No, Pat! Read what Ron wrote together with this.

You can get the program to update itself straight from the "Legacy Home" tab. With the program up and running, simply click on the tab under the menu and toolbar that says "Legacy Home".

Then in the "Updates" box, click on the word "Updates". You should now get the "Check For Legacy Update" dialog box. Now, click on the "Check For Update" button. If your version is *not* up to date, you can now start to download those parts of the program that need updating. Don't worry if the progress bar goes backward, it does that now and then :-) just leave it to complete.

--
Regards,
Mike Fry

Give Legacy as a Gift for 25% Off. Visit http://tinyurl.com/2b49et