As I have found the Source Type similarly useless, I add a description to the Source List Name (Shown in Master Source list) for easier sorting of categories. Now, if I could just remember what I listed under which! A way to search Sources would be very useful, especially as more and more accumulate. If you'd like to see a more visual representation of this method:
http://www3.telus.net/Jgen/2007-09-24-sourcemania.shtml

JLB

Cathy wrote:
Hi Kirsten,

Currently the "Master Source Type" does very little and isn't printed. I mostly don't bother to fill it in. It would be helpful if you could sort your Source List on type but you can't even do that.

If filled in and you then click the "Assistant" button, you get a different dialogue depending on the Source type chosen. Perhaps this will be more extensive in Legacy 7 and I'll begin using the Type field. Currently I don't find the Assistant sufficiently helpful.

It's not a relevant part of a Source Citation so I wouldn't expect it ever to print in a Bibliography or Citations list.

However, it would be useful to be able to print out a Source Report ordered by Type.

Cathy