Thanks for your input and the wonderful site.  Between you and Pat Connor and
my own searches,  I have really built up a list of great research sites for
Ireland and they have been of MUCH help.
  ----- Original Message -----
  From: ronald ferguson
  To: legacyusergroup@legacyfamilytree.com
  Sent: Wednesday, December 05, 2007 2:14 PM
  Subject: RE: [LegacyUG] Ancestry.com and Ancestry.co.uk

  Pat,

  As far as I can tell from only quick looks at Ancestry.com there is a big
difference. To answer your second quesion is easy, Ancestry.co.uk has more or
less nothing that will help you regarding Ireland - a lot of Irish records
were, however, destroyed during the first lot of troubles. There are some
Parish and Probate records but how many I can't tell, I suspect not many from
Ireland.

  You are best having a look at http://www.censusfinder.com/ireland.htm

  which contains much more than censuses

  For Genealogy, Software and Social visit:
  http://www.fergys.co.uk
  *New Blog* Protect Your PC
  View the Grimshaw Family Tree at:
  http://www.fergys.co.uk/Grimshaw/