You can have up to 5 different sources on the clipboard. See help.: Source clipboard
Bert

----- Original Message ----- From: "Jenny M Benson" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: <LegacyUserGroup@LegacyFamilyTree.com>
Sent: Friday, December 07, 2007 11:18 AM
Subject: Re: [LegacyUG] Source Dropdown Box Idea

Paul Brown wrote
The source clipboard is one of the best 'labour-saving' devices in Legacy.

It is indeed, but it lacks one option which I would find really useful. That is the option to add several sources to the clipboard and then select which one(s) will actually be pasted.

When I find a new person/family on a Census I will follow up by tracing the relevant entries in the Marriage and Birth indexes and will then want to cite one or more of these Sources as I add the new information to my database. If I find a man has now married and has a child I will be wanting to Source a Census Event for all 3 of them, a Marriage for the man, Births for the wife and the child and I also cite the Census as a source for the name/age information for the wife and child. (This is to show how I knew who to look for in the Indexes.

I usually find it quicker to add all the Sources to the clipboard, paste them all and delete the ones which aren't relevant, but it would be nice to be able to select just the ones I want to paste each time.
--
Jenny M Benson

Give Legacy as a Gift for 25% Off. Visit http://tinyurl.com/2b49et

Give Legacy as a Gift for 25% Off. Visit http://tinyurl.com/2b49et