Hi,

I would like to produce a list of particular people, by a particular surname, who do NOT have a Will?

I can create the list of people who HAVE a Will!

Firstly, e.g. on the Family view page, Husband, I have the information listed as - Born, Chr., Died, Buried, Will. (Some people have this last one as something else)

Into the Will line I enter information as to whether I have a copy of this persons Will and where it is located. If I DON'T have a Will for a particular person the line is left "blank", leaving me to go and see if I can find one at a later time.

So far this is what I have done in Search - Find - Primary Condition -
Look For = Individual, Where = Event-Name,  How = Equal to, What for = Will.

Tick Second Condition,

Look for = Individual, Where= Surname, How = Equal to, What = Alston (surname I am looking for)

Tick Third Condition,

Look for = Individual, Where = Event-name, How = Contains, What = (I leave this blank)

I then Create List. This produces a list of 97 Alston's, BUT on looking through them I notice they all HAVE Wills.

This is the opposite to what I am trying to do.

I would like a list of all the HAVE NOTS.

Does anyone have any idea of how to create the list I am looking for?

Best wishes,

  (\__/)
  (='.'=)
  (")_(")

Susan,
Victoria, Australia.
English webpage: http://www.st.net.au/~susanp/index.html
American webpage: http://freepages.genealogy.rootsweb.com/~susanp
Research: ALSTON-Suffolk/Bedford/America,post 1850, BOURCHIER-UK, post 1650, CHUDLEIGH-Devon, All, HOLTTUM-Kent,pre 1720,MARTEN-Sussex,pre 1660, OXENDEN-Kent, All.

Give Legacy as a Gift for 25% Off. Visit http://tinyurl.com/2b49et