Hi Garry,

You may not have any rf1 files etc as you may not have saved a variety of Report Options etc.

Many of the items you mention are saved by saving the .usr files in the Legacy program folder. You may want to take the precaution of saving your current screen colours etc. You may have changed one of the base themes and not saved it. Options > Customise - Colours Tab - the save button on the lower right not the one at the bottom of the screen. Your selection is saved as a .lcs file in the Legacy\ColorSchemes folder

You can also save the Geodatabase. Sorry I don't use it so don't know where exactly the files are.

There isn't a simple "just do this" to backup all your settings - you have to find the various files.

I suggest you backup your whole Legacy data folder as the Legacy backup of your file doesn't include IGI files or RGD files (Research Guidance)

Don't forget to make sure you have your Legacy Deluxe Customer number
Help > General Information

Yes it's a lot of work re-installing the OS but sometimes it can't be avoided. Before XP I used to do it every year to get everything working quicker again. Registry cleaners etc never did as good a job as a complete reinstall.

Cathy