Hi Momalot66,

"This is my first attempt at Plain text, hope it works. My understanding on LARGE files is that they are much slower because they have so much to move around, Is that right?"

Well done! As others have already said, your post came through in plain text. Great to see. :-)

I haven't seen anyone answer your question yet... large files can be a problem for a variety of reasons, including that some people cannot get broadband so are stuck with slow dial-up connections. These may take a long time to download larger emails, or may not cope with a larger one at all (I remember having that problem many years ago). Some people have to pay for the amount they download, so are paying for other people's large emails to be received, when the same could have been sent as a smaller package with a little thought.

But all of that is really not the point of why you've been asked to send your posts to this list in plain text - the simple fact is that it is a rule of this list (see the link at the end of this and every post for the list rules). The reasons behind the rule are not for us to debate - mailing lists like this one are not a democratic society, I don't know of any lists that are (and please don't anyone start sending me evidence to the contrary!)

There are many others who post to this list without paying attention to this issue. It would be nice if they took notice and started changing their habits.

Thanks for making the effort, Momalot66, it's appreciated.  :-)

Kind Regards,
Wendy Howard
--
Kaiwaka, Northland, New Zealand