I was looking at your steps, and they don't quite match Descendants
Narrative reports.

When you click on Report Options, you click on a tab called Sources.
There you select "Print Source Options". I don't see the
--> following selections, i.e. "Include source details on source
citations on reports" etc.

And I don't see reset buttons that follow "that choice."

Generally speaking, the reset button on the lower right hand side
under "Report Settings" resets all the checkboxes to the default. So
if you are selecting something, and then pressing reset, you lost that
setting.

Please let me know where these options are that you are talking about,
and I will try to reproduce the problem.
Susan
p.s. Your email didn't have any Legacy-added stuff at the bottom! How
did that happen?