Hi Bill,
I know very little about PAF but have you noticed you can import some PAF files directly into Legacy?

Take a look at the File > Import list.

From the Help file

This covers PAF 3.x, PAF 4.0, and PAF 5.x files and Ancestral Quest 3.x files.

To import a Personal Ancestral File®  (PAF file) into Legacy:

1. From the File menu, choose Import From
2. Choose PAF 3, 4, 5 or Ancestral Quest 3 File…
3. Specify the location of the PAF file you want to import.
4. Choose the OK button.
5. Decide if you want to import the PAF file into the current Family File or into a new Family File and choose the appropriate button. If you choose to create a new Family File, Legacy prompts you for a filename before proceeding. Importing into a new file also allows Legacy to use the same ID numbers that were assigned by Personal Ancestral File. If you import into a Family File with existing individuals, Legacy may not be able to retain the incoming ID numbers because they might already be in use.
6. Set the desired options.  Each is described below.
7. When you are ready to import, choose the START IMPORT button. Legacy imports the PAF file while displaying a progress meter.

Note: You can also import files into Legacy using the Import Wizard. (See <mk:@MSITStore:D:\Programs%20Installed\Legacy6%20GR\Legacy6.chm::/html/import_wizard.htm>Import Wizard for more information.)

Cathy