Then how come I can access it? I have been using the NEW family search for a week and I am not LDS.

michele

----- Original Message ----- From: "Reg SHERLOCK" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: <LegacyUserGroup@legacyfamilytree.com>
Sent: Monday, January 21, 2008 3:18 AM
Subject: Re: [LegacyUG] about New.FamilySearch

Hello Mike

In regards to http://new.familysearch.org

Basically as far as I can ascertain this is the new url for Church members to gain direct access to files within the family search database.

Basically the first page gives it away as to fact for Church Members.

We infidels' can still gain access to old family search site via http://familysearch.org and still sign in if as a lot of us did you are a registered user, BUT to use new site MUST BE MEMBER OF CHURCH, in other words "NO IT'S NOT A BETA SITE.

Reg A SHERLOCK
Brisbane-Australia
Private email: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Family tree: http://regsherlock.tribalpages.com

If you use this link you can download a FREE version of Legacy Family Tree
http://www.legacyfamilytree.com/?Click=1085