  From: Tim Willis
  To: LegacyUserGroup@legacyfamilytree.com
  Sent: Monday, January 21, 2008 12:51 PM
  Subject: [LegacyUG] Multiple Sources - same event

  Hello Listers,

  I just wanted to get an opinion on something.  This afternoon, I hold in my
hand, a computer marriage report print out from a cousin who is doing much of
the same research I am.  For some people in my database, it will be the only
source (not yet verified, but it is a source never the less), and for others,
it is just one more confirmation that others have the same dates I do.

  So, does a good family historian cite the marriage report on top of all the
other (in some cases primary) sources?  It seems if I did this for every piece
of paper I receive from both sides of the family, I would end up with a
confusing mound of sources for.. say.. my parents marriage!  Or am I being
too.. what's the word?

  Tim