Hi Wendy,

With New South Wales (and all other Australian States) I have Master Sources as per the following examples:

Vic BMD (Shows in reports in full as *The Victorian Registry of Births, Deaths and Marriages, a division of the Department of Justice*). I place the Registration No in the Source Detail together with the notation *copy on file* if I have purchased a copy.

NSW BMD (Shows in full as *Registry of Births, Deaths and Marriages - New South Wales*). I record the regn no in the Source Detail and note if I have purchased a copy.

Qld BMD (Reads in full as *Queensland State Government, Department of Justice and Attorney-General, Historical Birth, Marriage and Death Records (1829-1914)*. Again I record the regn no in the Source Detail and the notation indicating whether or not I hold a copy.

This gives sufficient information for anyone wanting to carry out further research. The source detail field can be withheld from reports/GEDCOMs, or given with reports, according to your wishes.

With Census records for UK and USA:
I keep a copy of the relevant census sheet in My Pictures in a folder called *UK & US Census* with subfolders for each year (subfolders are named *1851 UK Census*, or *1910 US Census*, etc) and each census saved is given a file name like *BLOGGS, Joseph & family* or *BLOGGS, Mary, widow of Joseph, & family*). I also transcribe the *full* census entry for the family and copy it into the notes section of each member of the family recorded on the census (thank goodness for post-it notes!). Sounds a bit long winded, but it works for me.

Maureen