To: <legacyusergroup@legacyfamilytree.com>
Sent: Wednesday, February 13, 2008 11:00 AM
Subject: [LegacyUG] Information Left Out of Reports

Since I got no responses to my earlier question about this, I'm going
to try again. I am extremely interested in an explanation for this,
because this problem would be serious enough for me to change software
programs. I am hoping that this error is because of something I am
doing wrong, because that could be resolved.

While there are many things I love about Legacy, it is very important
for MY uses of the program (mainly for my current family and for my
descendants) that I can create reports and trust that important
information such as marriage information will be included in the
reports. I have not done extensive trial and error, but I have
experimented with at least two book reports (ancestor and descendant),
and in those cases, if I include four generations, it leaves off my
brother's most recent marriage. The data is in the program, apparently
correctly, because if I decrease the number of generations, it
includes his most recent marriage.

Everyone has their own story. This is just an example of how it is
important to be able to rely on the program to be indiscriminate in
pulling in data for reports: My brother finally got his "life
together" about 16 years ago. At that time, he married his current
wife, a person who is now like a sister to my siblings. I can't even
send out a descendant or ancestor report to my family (none of them
are doing research; all of them love to read reports of my research),
because in the list of my siblings, it lists everyone's marriages and
relationships, including his, EXCEPT for the most recent one (marked
as preferred). The report would indicate that his last marriage was
one that ended in divorce more than 25 years ago. Now, this is just my
story. But, I give it as an example of the importance of data
inclusion in reports.

Is this just a glitch in the program that will be taken care of in 7?
Is it going to be a trial and error situation again, even in 7? Is
there something I am doing wrong (note: I have tried shortening the
information in the fields; didn't help).

Hopefully someone can help me out here.
Thanks,
Barbara