I have been reading all the replies to this subject with interest. I had posted
a request for a new feature in regards to the source clipboard and was told
that it wasn't necessary so I just let it drop.
I use the source clipboard a lot, I have usually around 5-6 or more sources
saved at all times, examples; family history file, cemetery transcript, local
history book, local newspaper, funeral home website, military records website,
census records, baptismal index website, etc.
When working on a family line, sometimes I will run across a family whose
children were born prior to the 1901 census.
I can find information on one or more of these children in several of the above
listed source locations.
I know that I can use each of stored sources from the clipboard by selecting
the load button then selecting the source and load it.
The problem that I find is that this process will always load the selected
source into the number one Tab effectively deleting your origional source.
The only way to load a second source into Tab 2 is to click on Tab 2 and use
the "set" button which takes you to the master source List.
I would like to have the flexibility of selecting a 2nd or 3rd source, etc.
from the Stored Sources and to be able to enter them into Tab 2 or Tab 3, etc.
I would also like to be able to leave these three or more selected sources in
the Tab's 1 through 5 with a box on each tab that I could check which would
allow me to either include or exclude the Tab without deleting the source it
contains.