  -----Original Message-----
  From: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
[mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] Behalf Of Alfred F.
Schwilk
  Sent: Saturday, February 23, 2008 1:57 PM
  To: LegacyUserGroup@legacyfamilytree.com
  Subject: Re: [LegacyUG] Searching for missing images

  Kathy:
  What I have done is create a new subfolder under the Legacy default drive
[H: in my case] for images and moved some of the currently linked images in
Legacy into this new subfolder there by invalidating the current link to the
image. I can browse to re-link the images in Legacy manually but it would be
better to search the default H: drive directly. The problem is that Legacy
starts searching from the C: drive and finds images on my D: drive and
assumes it has found the correct images and stops searching and repairs the
link to the D: drive [wrong image]. All my Legacy linked images are on my H:
drive and I can not use the search feature. I feel that the search should
start with the default H: drive since I told Legacy in the Options, Location
preferences because that is where they are located instead of search all
750GB on my system and pick the wrong location. Everyone has identical
images on different drives and in different folders and the storage on our
systems continues to grow and grow and grow.
  Does anyone else thinks that the Legacy search feature is working
correctly and should be fixed?

  Fred Schwilk
  San Jose, California

  Kathy Shiell-Stokes wrote:
    Alfred:
    In order for Legacy search to find the file...especially when the
destination is a location where the program would not expect to find it is
to navigate to that destination and link the file there the first
time...after that Legacy will check that location all the time...but
basically the first time you have to lead the program to it...Kind of like
leading a horse to water...
    Kathy

       Fred Schwilk
        San Jose, CA
        NOTE: NEW E-mail Address --- [EMAIL PROTECTED]