Because it is easier for people to learn to use a program if it has an
interface that is "standard"... ie, one used by other programs.  As
Microsoft (rightly or wrongly) has the most people using its programs, it is
a main standard to follow.

I well remember the days when in one program, to get help, you would press
<ctrl-H>, another program it was <alt-H>, yet another it was <F1>, and
another it was <F3> (I think), etc etc.   Another wide variation on how to
save.  etc, etc.   It is a lot easier to use programs if most of the
programs use the same keystrokes to do common things - and the same with the
menus and toolbars, and other graphical interfaces.

I for one am glad that Legacy is using a commonly used interface for the
toolbars and menus.