Cindy,

I have no idea when this will be published by LUG, as some I posted this
morning (over 6 hours ago) still haven't arrived!

However, from your description you are trying to enter it from the wrong place.
After you click the Chronology tab you then need to click the Options button on
the right and at the bottom of the screen you will see a bar for entering a
timeline.

For Genealogy, Software and Social visit:
http://www.fergys.co.uk
New Blog: Open Legacy Family File with Open Office
View the Grimshaw Family Tree at:
http://www.fergys.co.uk/Grimshaw/
For The Fergusons of N.W. England See:

http://mobile.uk.msn.com/pc/mail.aspx