Hi Patricia,

"Since signing up this afternoon for the legacy news letter, I have been receiving so many emails to you and from you. how do I stop this?"

This is what mailing lists are all about. You subscribe, and then you receive the mail that is sent to the list.

If you want to unsubscribe from the mailing list, follow the link at the bottom of each and every list post to remove yourself.

Note that there are four options on the page that the link takes you to - the newsletter and the mailing list ("Legacy User Group") are two of those four, so choose carefully to ensure you're doing what you intended to.

Before you do take steps to leave the mailing list, may I suggest that you sit back and read the mail for a while? You may learn a lot about how to use the program effectively, as members ask questions and others respond. You may also have your own questions about using the program that you would like to ask here on the list.

I strongly recommend using a rule or filter to direct the list traffic to a folder of its own, so it is kept away from your other mail. Then you can concentrate on it when you're ready to, and is out of the way until then.

Right now the list is particularly busy with mail about the new charting program that has just been released. Lots of people are downloading it and having a play, and coming up with questions and problems. This will abate in time. Meanwhile, if you're not using it yourself and/or have no interest in that particular topic, there is no harm in deleting those posts.

Hope this helps  :-)

Kind Regards,
Wendy Howard
--