So, the backup file, if I choose to rename and not overwrite (which is
what I now know is preferable), will always be a (.zip) file?

Is there any value in allowing the backup to be stored in the exact
folder where the.fdb is saved (as is the default, and I did accept the
defaults), or wouldn't I always want to select not to overwrite, and
store in a different folder (such as one that is included in my normal
backup procedure)? Obviously, I can store the backup where I wish, but
I just mean, is there some value that I may not realize, to having the
backup file be stored in the same folder with the actual file?

Barbara