Hi Richard,
Well, based on the space that the zip files take up, I KNOW I had room for
the backup zip files.  I did try to simply "save to" my family file,
thinking at least that was better than nothing.  I don't know how large my
family file is so it it possible that there was not enough space on my 1 gig
usb drive.

Thanks for the advice.
Dawn