Yesterday, I did this like I have dozens of times before: searched for Danville, Virginia. The returned result was "Danville, Danville (city), Virginia, USA". When I try to select and use this location, Legacy says "There was never a county by the name of Danville (city) in the state of Virginia.". I have had to bypass this with a double comma (,,) to eliminate the county in this case.

Dave, do a little more research on Virginia political subdivisions. I think parts of that state do not have counties, so the database is showing you that Danville (city) is not in a county, though I'm not familiar with that specific location.

Elizabeth
researching the descendants of William and Sarah (Patterson) Thompson