To: <LegacyUserGroup@legacyfamilytree.com>
Sent: Saturday, April 05, 2008 1:56 PM
Subject: Re: [LegacyUG] Re: asking questions associated with Legacy

There is a so-simple solution to all this. If some-one writes an inappropriate-to-the-LUG question, they should be answered off-list by as many people as want to answer it. This could include a statement that it's inappropriate, a list of reasons why and a list of appropriate alternatives. If some-one feels inclined to answer sarcastically, they are going to get back exactly what they're asking for - the other person feeling a need to defend themself. But the point is, all of this conversation will be happening off-list which relieves those of us who don't want it landing in our mailboxes. I would like to see this become an accepted part of mailing list protocol.
JL
JLog - simple computer technology for genealogists
http://www3.telus.net/Jgen/jlog.html

Dave wrote:
I agree with the question about linking a pdf to Legacy. But I don't agree when it goes farther than that. If they want to learn about pdf's or Adobe
then do that elsewhere.  My opinion is that if it isn't directly about
Legacy (or its add-on programs) then take it offline or to another list.
And I think that's what the rules state.

Dave