Elizabeth Richardson wrote:
Gary, the message in question said you were subscribed, not unsubscribed. While I agree that folks should have realized no one was targeting them specifically and that it was a general list problem, your list of logical realizations did not apply to this situation.

Wrong.

They are both logical and reasonable, something many listers were not. Common sense, patience and simple courtesy would have gone a long way to avoiding the larger congestion caused by the me too'ers and what's going on with "MY" list. Remember, this list is a "FREE" resource provided by the good people at Millenia and NO ONE has the right to complain if there is a small problem that will inevitably be taken care of. And for all of you listers who did not receive, did not read, or just deleted Jim's messages, the problem was not caused by the list server. It was a problem with a subscriber. The mail delivery delays have more to do with the congestion on the Internet Backbones that with the Millenia servers. In other words they did an excellent job of handling a problem that did not originate with them and over which they had little control. Kudos to them and can we PLEASE now drop the subject and get back to genealogy and away from kvetching?

--
Gene Y.
n2kvs