Somebody, who may or may not be an LUG-er, told me they had Legacy running on Mojopac on a USB flash-drive. Unless you'd be trying to use it where you can't have administrator rights (public libraries, hotels, etc) it might work.
--
JL
JLog - simple computer technology for genealogists

Garnet Quigley wrote:
Does anyone know if it possible to operate Legacy 6.0 from a USB Flash Drive which does have the space (4gb) to accommodate the programme and my current data files? The objective is not storage or backup, but portability without having to install the programme on my daughter's computer to her great discomfort, and then remove it when the visit is over. I know the C drive is where it should go and that is where I have my Legacy 6.0 Deluxe right now. But before I purchased the deluxe version I had installed the free version of Legacy 6.0 on a second D drive and it worked for my purposes with no apparent problems. Admittedly my purposes may have been more limited at the time than what others might require i.e. basic open, read, write and save data files, I could get by with this same limited functionality when I am on the road.

And unlike my D drive installation I am concerned about registry modifications to a computer that is not mine. Would this be the show-stopper preventing the use of a USB Flash Drive, without there being a portable version of Legacy?
I would be grateful for your input. Thanks in advance.