I have an ancestor who emigrated to America in the mid-1700s. There are  many
reports of his ancestry that go back to early Scottish royalty. We've all
heard these stories, but proving this relationship went so far that descendants

of my ancestor's siblings brought suit against Scotland and the case has
never  been resolved one way or another.

I've recorded the "unproven" ancestry of my ancestor in the "notes  section",
but really doubt that the case has validity. On the other hand, others  are
convinced there is validity. How do I show a  "questionable" parentage for my
ancestor even if I'm the only one  questioning it? I'd like to keep all the
names and show some possible  relationship, but no direct ancestry.

I'm sure this an elementary question, but I'll surely appreciate your  advice.

Carol

favorites at AOL Food.